Friday, May 11, 2012

Up and Running!!

Ahhh, my first post!  I've been working so hard trying to get my shop up to my standards, and now that I'm at least starting to feel comfortable with my toes in the water it's about time to build up my social structure!  If you haven't already, please join me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nostalgic-Novelties/230062370434504 and Twitter @NNovelties


So what have I been working on?  Well where do I begin!  I've just finished up the patterns for my earrings and other jewelry I have yet to post, but I think I'll end up posting the patterns here for free and just put the beginners kits in my shop.  I have a beach tote completed that I'm waiting to unveil in June for summer, but best of all, I've just started a personalized beaded clutch!!  I'm so excited about this bag, and it'll be just in time for all those graduates who deserve a quality and memorable gift they can keep with them through the rest of their lives!  It's my own original design and I'm crocheting it with size 10 thread, so it'll be a truly intricate piece.


Here's what I have done for the bottom after two days:



I still have a few rows to go, so it's not quite as big as it's going to be, and once the base is done the hard part is over!  I plan on using a larger stitch for the actual body of the purse.  Man are my hands cramped!  



Here's some better detail of these ity bity stitches:



While I build up a wider selection for everyone, come check out what I already have available:
http://www.nostalgicnovelties.etsy.com

Hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment